How'd you spend your weekend?

Thanks for asking!

Just like this...


On the back porch of this...


Looking at this...


and this...



You know, one of the things I love most about the Northeast, is the ease of travel. Jump on a train, ride an hour, and you're there. Except sometimes, trains don't work. Their air conditioning breaks, their wires are destroyed, their employees are disgruntled, I could go on, but I won't. On Friday, Liz and I sat on a train for 4 1/2 hours attempting to get to New London, CT to see Evan and Gregg at The Eugene O'Neill Theater Center. We only made it half way there before we were told that there would be no more Amtrak service (a terrible car accident left them with some messed up wires) and that we'd have to find alternate transportation. Well, thanks to the kindness of two pretty hot strangers with a car, we got there. Yes, we were chauffeured to the least lit corner of Waterford, CT late Friday night by two kind gentleman strangers. AND made a fashionably late entrance with a significantly better story to tell than "I took the train". I also got to pretend like I was Anne of Green Gables for a day. The scenery really reminded me of the part when Anne is on the beach and the pages from her manuscript go flying away and...ummm...okay, sorry. I still can't get over how gorgeous it is out there. So beautiful, in fact, that I was inspired to write a song about moonbeams. I may have had some bourbon before we headed down to the beach, it was a long trip getting there and I deserved it. AND there were bio-luminescent fish swimming around in the ocean aka THE WATER WAS SPARKLY. You would have written a song too.

Anyway, on Sunday I took further advantage of Northeastern train service, this time the Long Island Rail Road, and headed out to Montauk to see Jess and Megan. They are both spending the summer working and now I'm super jealous and wishing I was out there all the time too. It's beautiful. My pictures don't do it justice. I forgot to take many. You can look at these two.

A romantic view of the sunset through a chain link fence...



Summer beach time = frozen drinks.



The only thing I love more than being in New York City, is getting out of New York City. (Yeah, I just wrote that sentence and no, I'm not going to delete it.) It's pretty amazing to have such easy access to so many beautiful places where you can actually see stars. Sigh.

P.S. Can you tell I'm too tired to be posting right now? Sorry for an incoherent blog. Twas a looooong, wonderful weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts