I am the most delicate of butterflies...


Today, I had to drop something off at The Plaza Hotel (because I'm famous). I was told by a receptionist to wait in the lobby for the man I was there to see and so I looked for a place to sit down because I was wearing heels and my feet hurt. I found a bench, much like the one in the picture above except positioned on their marble floor, and plopped down. Hard. Really hard. The bench slid about three feet back making that awful "chair scooting across a tile floor" squealing sound followed by the clunk of it hitting the wall... AND... it echoed, or maybe that was in my mind, but I'm nearly positive it echoed. I had to regain my balance because I plopped down not in the middle of the bench but off to one side that I nearly flew off of on the ride. And then I'm pretty sure time stopped. I uttered an audible "whoa" and tried to awkwardly "laugh it off". A hotel employee came over to check if I/the marble floor, bench, and wall were okay. They were. My pride wasn't because everybody in the damn lobby was staring at me with sympathetic looks. Mercifully, the man I was there to see showed up right after and I handed him the envelope I was dropping off and then tripped walking down the front stairs of the hotel... BUT thank goodness embarrassing situations like this don't matter when you're famous...

Comments

Popular Posts