Sometimes

Most of my blog posts happen very on the fly. I decide I want to write one, I sit down, open my computer and twenty minutes later it's just there. Others, however, come to me (usually while I'm washing my hair...which isn't that often) and demand more crafting. I'm working on a little piece about high school...my reunion...my 10 YEAR reunion...it's taking me some time. But I didn't want to completely disappear and since I've been up since 6am and the morning hours are my best for typing, I figured, what the heck, I'll jot down a few thoughts about the week. I finally have my camera again and have been taking lots of pictures. What's sad is that I'm so accustomed to RetroCam making photos look awesome that normal pictures look stupid to me now. If I could find my cord, I'd upload them to this post but, alas, I have NO idea where that could be. They're mostly of the cats...here's a RetroCam picture instead.


We're still in the process of setting up our apartment and don't have any chairs. I've been doing a lot of my writing from the floor of my kitchen. Since we don't have a TV, my main source of procrastination, I've had to find other ways to distract myself from getting things done. This morning I made blueberry scones. I always want toast but I never have bread and since my few attempts at breadmaking have been dismally unsuccessful, scones are my go to. I'm really good at making them and I have the recipe memorized. Today I used rice milk in lieu of cream...I wouldn't recommend it unless you really like the taste of rice, but luckily the blueberries covered most of that flavor.


I'm still reeling over Whitney. I didn't catch the Grammys last night, but I heard J Hud's performance on the radio this morning and I thought it was pretty moving. I'm sending good thoughts to Bobbi Kristina as I heard she's been in and out of the hospital since Saturday. It's just a terrible story.


On a lighter note, did I mention I finally got a job?? I'm working at a coffee shop up the street from my house. I can walk there and I really like the people I work with and there's this English guy who comes in who may actually be my future husband. I told him he smelled good the other day soooo, yeah, I'm pretty sure it sealed the deal.

Wow, I started this post at 7:30 this morning...it's 9:45 now. Cool. I'm going to start waking up at 6 everyday so that when I decide to make scones as a form of procrastination, I'll still finish writing by noon.


Have a good Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts