I Made a Pie...

Practicing my new found financial responsibilities, I've been grocery shopping weekly and stocking up on money saving essentials (peanut butter, pasta, etc...) Today I reflected on the fact that I ALWAYS want dessert and decided to make myself a pumpkin pie. Yes, I know it's summer and I should be thinking more lemon meringue, strawberry rhubarb, maybe even cherry, but pumpkin is my absolute fave and I find it serves multiple purposes as a dessert and an acceptable choice for a balanced breakfast. I baked my pie this afternoon and, having THE worst oven in the world, I encountered only a few mishaps during the actual baking process. (It only took me an hour to realize that the oven wasn't actually on, bringing the total baking time to a quick 2 and 1/2 hours.) Once my pie was finished I proudly set it on a cake stand and put it in the window to cool. It occurred to me at this point how funny the image of a "pie in the window" is in my kitchen as opposed to say, my mother's. Her kitchen window overlooks a beautiful backyard fenced in with white pickets while mine looks out onto... a brick wall. I found it so funny that I HAD to document it with the perfect photograph.

After previewing my picture I decided I didn't like the angle and decided to move my pie to the other side of the window and get the great shot I was envisioning. I picked up the cake stand with pie on top and...


Anyway, here's what I had hoped the picture would look like.

Don't worry, the tears dry on their own.

Comments

Fro said…
OMG! I am still laughing! So sad. Make another one. You at least need to sit down to eat a piece!
Mom
Anonymous said…
I don't know why your Dad's name os on my computer!!! That was MY comment. Mah

Popular Posts