Life's Just a pile of Milestones...

I experienced a pinnacle moment in my New York life this morning that has left me in awe of the wonders of this City and in suspense of what the future here holds for me.

But let me start from the beginning...

I spent most of last night bleaching the counters of my kitchen and ridding my cabinets, once again, of mouse poop. Yes, they have returned, oh how I missed them. The mice family has resumed their routine of shitting on my counter, nibbling on my apples, and eluding the six mouse traps I have so carefully placed for them. (Somehow the shitheads have figured out how to lick the peanut butter off the traps without actually setting them off...) So, on my way to sleep, my head was filled with mouse turds and the threat of bed bugs, which just perpetually effect my mental health. I've never been more afflicted by pests in my life and hope never to have to live with this fear again. But I digress. I woke this morning in a great mood. It's a beautiful day here in New York and as I dressed and got ready for work, I felt really excited to take on the day. I grabbed breakfast from the little cafe across the street (yes, there's now a cafe in my neighborhood and they have AMAZING bran muffins) and I headed down into the subway to catch the train. It's about 8:15 in the morning at this point (just adding a little perspective for you.) I'm listening to my Ipod, enjoying my muffin, when something from across the platform catches my eye. I notice a man standing there, my eyes scan down to notice his pants are down to his knees, and then, to my horror and, let's face it, admiration, I realize that this man is

...cleaning shit out of his pants...

Yes, my friends, my life has reached one of its, I hope, many climaxes. I have seen a grown man cleaning shit out of his jeans. Needless to say, I looked down at my bran muffin and it just didn't look so great anymore, what with the raisins and oatmeal, I just wasn't really in the mood, it's a lot of calories anyway. I wrapped it up, put it in my purse, took one final glance at Poopy Pants McGee just to confirm the truth of the matter and at that moment (it was very cinematic) the train pulled up right in front of me and I boarded,leaving the man to his much deserved privacy and myself to ponder the running theme that poop plays in my life...

Comments

Popular Posts