Yelp!!

I had always wondered who took the time to sign onto Yelp, create an account, and write about restaurants and bars they'd visited. The owner of the restaurant where I used to work always kept up with Yelps about his place and I was constantly surprised by how often they occurred. Who cared enough to actually think about and write a paragraph concerning a place they'd only been once or twice? If I'd eaten a great burger, for example, my impulse would maybe have been to tell the waiter how happy I was and to send the chef my compliments. I'd never think to go home, sign online, and hunker down to write a blurb about how much I loved that burger. Whoooo would do that?? Well, the answer to my question came last January.

Are you ready?

The Answer Is: I would...yes, I yelped.



(If you can't read it, click on the picture and zoom in. Also, please note that two people voted my entry 'funny'.)

Here's what I enjoy most about my rant. 1. That the second I got home, I marched right over to my computer and let loose (if they posted times, you could see that I wrote this at 4am) 2.The use of all caps to indicate screaming. 3. Colorful, dramatic story-telling. 4. Repetition, especially of the phrase "it is not safe".

I mean, after reading this over, I should maybe consider running for city council or something. I think I have the public's best interest in mind here...

But, really, in defense of that crazy blurb, I HAD been threatened by a screwdriver wielding nut job and was about three Zombie Lemonades in (naturally, we hit up the local tiki bar after we escaped the crazy man).

I don't know if I'll ever Yelp again. I mean, I'm nearly positive I'll never sober yelp but I suppose I now have the answer to my question:

Who yelps?

Me...and a stay at home dad who thinks his kid's chicken fingers took too long to arrive... and a tech savvy grandmother who can smell the trash from the restaurant next door... and a middle aged woman on vacation in the City who found the gelato at Grom absolutely divine. I'm in good company and I think I speak for all of us when I say, "I really hope my yelp helped you. Smiley face."

Comments

just a girl said…
I always feel kinda terrible because I totally USE Yelp, but haven't ever and will probably never create my own Yelp posts. It's like when I use Grubhub and have a bad experience, but don't tell anyone about it. Oh well, I'm a user and abuser. What can I say?

Also: I love that in your pic you can see your tabs, one of which is titled How To Screen Grab or something. I. Love. It!
Brittany Felton said…
Hahaa, I was hoping someone would pick up on that! I sat here for an hour trying to figure that out :) Ummm, hello, are you dying about Harry Potter? Life feels different without waiting for another book or movie to come out!
Brittany Felton said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts