Being a New Yorker is Exhausting

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Two weeks ago I fell asleep on the train and woke up snuggling with the lady next to me. Snuggling may be the wrong word to use here as it implies a mutual act, LAYING on an innocent stranger should provide a more accurate description. Literally. I remember thinking while I was asleep "Man, I sure am glad I've got this wall to lean on..." Cut to me waking up and realzing (horrified, mind you)that the 'wall' was acutally a shoulder belonging to a lady on her way to work. She didn't seem to mind too much. I wonder how long I was sleeping on her?

Fast forward to three days ago when I woke up at a mysterious subway stop at 8:30 in the morning. I apparently blacked out on my way to work and missed the last three stops in Manhattan, putting me somewhere in Brooklyn and half an hour late. What can ya do?

Get more sleep, I suppose.

(I actually wrote this two months ago and am just now getting around to posting it. I'm the worst blogger ever.)

Comments

Popular Posts